The Mackenzie Frontier Tourist Association is a not-for-profit, industry led, collaboratively managed organization. With the support of municipal partners - Mackenzie County, Town of High Level, and Town of Rainbow Lake - MFTA works to fulfill the mandate to support and grow tourism in Northwestern Alberta through the provision of strategic leadership and through active, effective partnerships with government and key stakeholders.
The vision is to be recognized and respected as an innovative leader in destination marketing and management for all tourism sectors in the region and to position the Mackenzie Frontier as a premier tourism destination within the provincial landscape.
The mission is to provide strategic leadership that builds economic, social, cultural and environmentally sustainable tourism across the entire region.
For non-profits organizations that wish to support tourism in the Mackenzie Frontier region. This will include full listings on the MFTA website and in the printed Directory.
For profit based businesses and organizations within the region. This will include full listings on the MFTA website and in the printed Business Directory.
• Full Listing on MFTA website.
• Full Listing in MFTA printed Business Directory and Map, which includes:
- Your physical location on the map
- Business Name
- Phone Number
- website or Facebook page URL
Brochure is distributed free of charge to Visitor Information Centres, regional hotels and motels, trade shows, and many more destinations!
• Access to Travel Alberta sponsored programs to assist with marketing and promotion to wider audiences; opportunities for promotion of travel packages on Travel Alberta’s official website.
• Events, activities, and special travel offers may be promoted via online and social network marketing
• Free distribution of member brochures to Visitor Information Centres, trade shows, and information requests.
• Receive regional news and events relating to tourism.