Mackenzie Frontier
Mackenzie Frontier

LA CRETE BERGTHALER MENNONITE CHURCH

In the 1940s a group of approximately 50 Mennonites, including some that had Bergthal connections in Saskatchewan, moved to the La Crete area. In the following 15 years, additional families relocated to the La Crete area. In 1957 the Bergthaler Mennonites in La Crete constructed their own church building in the Wilson Prairie District and incorporated a year later as the Fort Vermilion Bergthaler Mennonite Church (the name was changed to La Crete Bergthaler Mennonite Church in 1990). In the first half of the 1960s they were joined by Sommerfelder Mennonites from the Swift Current area.

Want to Learn More?

Contact Us