Fort Vermilion Community Library
Fort Vermilion Library was started in the 1930’s by Jessie Slade McGrew, as a traveling library. The goal was to bring reading material to the people of the north. The library moved around a bit from an individuals basement, to the Centennial Building and then to a dedicated community built library that opened in 1994.
The Library is located along River Road with a spectacular view of the Peace River. Lots of natural light, a program room and rental space that houses Fort Vermilion Support Services.
The library is open 30 hours per week. Our staff and volunteers which include community members as well as local Society Members are dedicated to provide quality library services to the community and beyond.